This is more of a formula than a tip. After a race/hard training:
- Ride immediately afterwards below your aerobic heart rate for 10-20% the distance of your event.
- Consume carbs and protein within 20-30 minutes of your cool down ride described above.
- Get out of your kit ASAP. Get a hot bath and stretch for 10-15 minutes.
- If you do not have compression tights then do the next best thing, move next to a wall in your home and put your legs up and but flat against the wall for 15-30 minutes.
- If you are sore any where or tight apply ice for 10-15 minutes to the region. Finally go to bed early. 8-9 and even 10 hours of sleep will give your body the time it needs to make most repairs.