One of the simplest ingredients in your kitchen could have one of the biggest impacts in your body. We’re talking SIMPLE. Downright ordinary. Black Peppercorns. So kick back and learn how the Black Peppercorn can improve your nutrition!
Recipe of the week: Slow Cooker Whole Pepper Lemon Chicken
- 1/4 cup butter or organic coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper (look for simple ingredients like lemon zest, pepper, and salt)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- 1 lemon, sliced to 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup peppercorns
- Rinse chicken, pat dry with paper towels. Loosen the skin over the breast and thighs with fingers.
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Spread seasoned butter over entire chicken and beneath the loosened skin using a teaspoon or fingers.
- Place chicken into a slow cooker. Place lemon slices on chicken. Place peppercorns onto chicken and into the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6-8 (cook until chicken is very tender and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C)).
- Serve chicken pieces with any sauce and a few whole (cooked & softened) peppercorns.
Check Out Coach Kelli’s Fuel Right Blog here