Coach Rob starts the week off with the first of 3 shows on specific strength training guidance for runners and it’s a big show! Get your notepad and pencil out.
With the combination of last week’s show on periodization of strength training and today’s show on what workouts I give runners a runner could create their very own periodized strength training, plan!
On Today’s show Coach Rob will cover:
- What strength is
- How runners benefit from resistance training
- When and how often runners should strength train
- 6 types of strength training to consider
- Primary muscles used while running
- My top workouts for runners
- Busting some strength training myths for runners
- Special concerns for runners
Not ready to create your own strength training program for your running training please feel free to contact me and I can build you a custom plan that fits your unique needs.
Show Note Links
- Body Types –
- Running form guidance and corrective actions
- Bench Talk – Selecting the right running shoe
- The dos and don’ts of running for cyclists x-training
- 10 habits of successful competitive runners
- Make your run more comfortable
- 2 A Day Training for Faster Results
- Workouts for 5K runners wanting to run longer or faster
- Suffering from Treadmill Psychosis?