Your competition is lifting weights and you should be too!
A new year a new show, new music, and a new sponsor! This week Coach Rob discusses quite a bit about Strength Training for all endurance athletes. Give a listen and discover more about various resistance based training programs, how your sports specific training may not be enough, what goes into an annual strength training program and busting strength training myths. It’s a big show and there will be more specifics for runners, cyclists and multisport athletes on future shows!
- A resistance training primer
- Auxiliary training rules
- Can’t I get everything I need from my sport to develop specific strength?
- Some athletes don’t need strength training?
- What does resistance training accomplish?
- Start with a plan
- Off-season strength training
- On-season strength training
- Multi-joint exercises
- When to increase amount of weight to lift
- Periodizing your strength training
- Busting Coach Rob’s 15 Favorite Strength Training Myths
- And more