Much of what Kelli has taught me has been very common sense approach to eating right. A long the way I picked up some valuable tips on dealing with my intake of foods. I am going to share a few below.
Not eating more than I need to
- Hire a nutritionist to discover what your Resting Metabolic Rate is so you know how much you should be eating in calories per day
- I log everything I consume (Some days) so I can make sure I am not overspending my calorie budget
- I plan meals in advance so I don’t have to over think my meals an leave anything to chance
Know what to eat and drink
- Foods high in fiber will help curb appetites (Organic Fruits and Vegetables along with Whole Grains)
- Good fats will help you feel full longer (Extra Virgin Olive and Coconut Oil along with Flax seed and Fish Oil)
- Drinking at least 2 liters of water a day and not consuming beverages with empty calories
Know when to eat
- Eating several small meals a day spaced approx 2 hours apart can do wonder for digestion and metabolism
- Not eating 2-3 hours before going to bed
- Not eating 1-2 hours before a work out or race
- Not skipping meals especially breakfast
Changing your diet is never an easy task and I have tried many things to keep from pigging out. While I was doing many of things above I still struggled to loose or keep weight off. What it boiled down to was portion control.
Until the next tip have a great ride,